Park Interpreter/Park Naturalist
Location: Montague Harbour Provincial Marine Park, Galiano Island and Ruckle Provincial Park, Salt Spring Island.
Length of Position: July, August & Sept. (evenings and week-ends)
- Applicant must have at least one year of post secondary education related to environmental studies or equivalent and be able to research and develop entertaining, educational programs to park visitors,school groups and the local community.
- Knowledge of the southern gulf islands marine systems and local flora and fauna are an asset along with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Programs must provide park visitors with an enhanced experience within the park and also provide an overall message about the role and value of provincial parks.
- Successful applicants must have their standard 1st aid certificate and a criminal record check prior to employment.
- Resumes and references can be faxed to 250-539-2115 or e-mail: email@example.com
VOLUNTEER HOST PROGRAM: May to September
Location: Ruckle Provincial Park, Bamberton and Cowichan River Prov. Parks.
The Volunteer Park Host Program is a hospitality service to park visitors. By greeting park visitors and providing them with information about things to do in the park and surrounding area, the Volunteer Park Host offers an important service. Hosts do not perform duties that are normally done by POs, but a friendly smile and courteous advice will go a long way in keeping infractions to a minimum and influencing park visitors to keep the parks clean. Ideally, hosts are to be “on duty” three to five days per week, four hours per day, preferably in the afternoons and/or evenings, and on weekends. A properly designated campsite will be provided at no cost during the period of the hosting agreement. Specific duties are outlined in the Volunteer Host Handbook and may vary from park to park.
The volunteer must meet the requirements of the Criminal Records Review Program.(download Consent to CRC for Volunteers Form on-line and K2 Admin Office will provide the CRRP I.D. #. No fee is required).
Resumes and references can be faxed to 250-539-2115 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org